Pages

North Carolina Part 2

Read about Part 1 over here.

Yeah, we finally made it. We were so thankful to see them at the airport! Not to mention the entire cooler and snacks that my dad & Becky had for us. Shout out to my dad for picking out the Sofia sippy cup-- Emma about lost it. 

Their house is super cool. It is literally up on a mountain. I had been to this neighborhood about ten years ago, but I guess I forgot about the windy roads. Holy Dramamine. 


Yeah no clue but Emma found that flag somewhere and she loved marching around the room while we sang Yankee Doodle. 

They have a wrap around deck (sort of?) that looks off into some really beautiful scenery. This doesn't really do it justice: 


Sunday night we just kind of settled in because Monday we had our big horseback riding adventure. I could not wait! 

I think it has been 10 years since I have been on a horse but it was so much fun. Nathan got the slow one (we called him Glue) and mine was named Bernadette. 


Our trail ride was 2.5 hours but we stopped to look at some waterfalls. They were so pretty but I didn't have my camera. 





It was also Becky's birthday so we grilled out, ate cake, and stood on pieces of furniture to get the balloons Emma kept letting go of. 

After dinner my dad took us on his fancy 4 wheeler thing and it was scary but very cool. 





They have a fire route in case the mountain ever catches on fire, so we went down that way. It was super creepy and reminded me of a scary movie. 

My dad drove so fast I swear we almost died. Or tipped over. At least Becky had my baby. 


The next morning we woke up and it was so foggy. Or we were up in the clouds I'm not sure. 


It was so strange. When we first walked in it smelled like wood! I thought they must have been cleaning but then it occurred to be-- DUH their entire house is wood! It smelled so good and fresh! 


Emma could see the ears of corn in the fridge and would cry for it every time we opened it. So funny. Note the one balloon. The other was up in the ceiling. :-)

Also note the supplies to make our strong Blackberry Margs. 



Tuesday we did some laundry and went to the place people go white water rafting. Maybe next time we will go but it was fun to people watch. 




We ate dinner at that place below. The kids all play in the water but it was so cold! Look at Emma's face, LOL. 

Also, a moment of silence for Emma's adorable southern bow. It got dirt on it and when I cleaned it, a string got caught and it fell apart. I'm devastated. 



Not pictured were the ducks we got to feed! We took turns taking Emma to feed the ducks during dinner. When Becky got back with Emma she said Emma ate the popcorn they were feeding the ducks. Can't say I'm surprised. Guess she broke my rule of no popcorn until 3. 

Tuesday night we did one last scary ride on the death mobile. We went to another mountain (?) to get a picture of their house. 


Can you see it? Top left-ish dark brown. 

The other neighborhood we went to had paved roads. I think that is the next step in my dad's neighborhood. I don't know but I pretend I do. 





And just like that we headed home. Emma was exhausted. Can you tell? Shocker: We were delayed in Newark. 


E did so well on the plane rides! I cannot say enough good things about it. We brought her car seat and she fell right asleep. Boom. 


Beck to reality. Naptime is over! Hope everyone is having a good day! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment