Pages

Life Lately

Emma is napping so I thought I could throw up a post of some random pictures of life lately. 


Emma is 20 months old and definitely in the "helper" stage-- we love it! She wants to help with everything. Including vacuuming. :-) Unloading the dishwasher and dryer are her favorites. 

Our little hydrangea bush bloomed and it is so, so beautiful! Last year I Googled how to change their color (they were purple), so I'd say that was successful! 


Last week the outlet mall had the Mommie & Me group and it was so fun. We got all the freebies and left early because it was super crowded. Emma did awesome and doesn't mind the crowd or loud noises. One kid was just relentlessly screaming. Glad to see it wasn't mine (this time). 


Every morning when we wake up Emma wants to be so loud and play and throw things to the main floor. I always whisper because Caralyn & Nathan are sleeping and then she'll whisper too. So funny. 


It lasted for about 30 minutes but I loved Emma's first braid! <3 <3 <3 Seriously, little girls are the best! 


We had to get steaks & corn for our Father's Day dinner and because I have half a brain, we tried out the tiny cart. Kidding, a little. 

It was fun and Emma only ran into our ankles a dozen or so times. 


Saturday morning was gymnastics as usual. The teachers (coaches?) used to put up mats to keep the cats (I mean kids) in, but they stopped doing that. 


Anytime Emma spots me, she makes a run for it. I am the only parent who literally has to hide. Granted, most of the parents are about 5 feet away from their child during separation time. CUT THE CORD, people!


We were getting ready to head out the door for the mall around 10:30-- what better time to have pasta with vodka sauce. 


We have a love/hate relationship with balloons. They occupy her and keep her happy, but oh my gosh she wants to squeeze the life out of it. I can only imagine the screams the day a balloon pops around her. 


Every day is just so much fun with my people! Caralyn had made Oreo balls and Emma somehow weaseled her way into getting one. I don't really know why Nathan was in her crib. 


After our Father's Day adventures a certain little girl was so tired. She snuggled right up and went to bed super easily that night. :-)


We go through about 2-3 bananas a day. We are like a bunch of monkeys! My grandmother found that romper at a thrift store and it's a little big but so soft & comfy. Win win. 


We had a ton of boxes from the grill, some diapers, and Nathan randomly bought Emma a shopping cart (!!), so Caralyn made a castle! 

It is so awesome. We may paint it or cover it with wrapping paper? Not sure yet. Oh and we brought the potty down because E is showing so much interest lately. I'm way too lazy to start but at least having it nearby will keep her familiar. Who knows, maybe she'll teach herself. Amiright?


And Caralyn always seems to find the most random things online. I don't really know what to say but we were crying laughing so loud when she sent this to me. 


I don't know. There is obviously something in the water up here because we just laugh and laugh every time we see it. It gets funnier each time.

We are trying to think of a way to prank Nathan-- our last one fell through so we need to find bigger and better ideas. All ideas welcome. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment