Pages

Emma Does Gymnastics

Once I found out our baby was a girl, I knew she would be doing dance or gymnastics. Nothing wrong with boy gymnasts, I just wouldn't force him like I would force my girl child. Ha. I'm a retired competitive gymnast and miss it every day of my life. So now I'm living through my child! 


A local gym was offering a free one hour class, so we decided to try it out one Saturday morning. I. Was. Hooked

We sing songs, learn baby sign language, watch puppet shows, dance, and obviously do flips. There is some circle time, but it's mostly Emma running around from apparatus to apparatus. 


We've only been a few times, but I can tell you we will be doing this until Emma is in the olympics. I'm only slightly kidding. 

It's 85% parent participation, which I thought would be a pain in the butt, but it's not. Can I just say that her teachers are heaven sent? Literally. Emma adores them all. Yesterday she hugged and kissed her before we left. She's such a suck up. 


The last 10 (?) minutes are my favorite. Separation time. It is hilarious. Basically they try to herd all the children in one area (pictured above) and the parent is supposed to go as far away as they can/choose to. 

Some parents need to cut the cord! I'm going to hell. All jokes aside it is so good for Emma and she loves it! 


Yesterday 4 kids starting crying during separation time. Mine? She managed to escape and get to the trampoline. She was like "Go get your nails done, Ma, I'm good!".

I'm sure her time will come and she'll cry at some point, but she's done so well and I cannot say enough good things about it.

Last week she cried in the balls. Yesterday she cried getting out of the balls.

My only slight concern (?)-- not even a concern, can't find the right word-- is we have to work on sharing! It all comes when she's ready to learn but she just wants what every child has! It's very normal at this age and she will learn with time. 

Oh and she doesn't like the beam! She fussed during beam time-- what the heck. Although that was my least favorite event so I can see why. 

I'll have to post more pictures as I take them. For now we go twice a week and it has resulted in some good naps afterwards! Win win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment