Pages

I Need Another Dog Like I Need A Hole In My Head

Not sure where to begin so I'll just jump right in. For our Saturday fun last weekend, Nathan and I decided to go to this shopping center (Surprise, surprise..) to walk outside and go from store to store. It was nice out so that seemed like a fun idea. Plus, it was close so Emma could nap at home and she wouldn't have to sleep in the car. 

I was driving. We didn't have any real plans besides get some lunch and see where the day takes us. I parked semi-close to Michaels and wanted to go there. Nathan wanted to go to PetsMart (Emma loves animals), so I obliged. No crafts for me. Womp womp. 


Well guess what day it was? Adoption day. If you know me well, you know I avoid that like the plague. Because we will end up with all of the animals. It makes me sad and I leave praying that these babies find safe homes soon. 

Today was bizarrely different. Emma was in her stroller and I popped her out and I thought it would be fun for her to play with the dogs. Surprisingly, it was all puppies, not one adult dog. Emma was in heaven. We all hopped right over, sat down and played with 3 different puppies. 


You know where this is going, right? Every lady made some comment towards us "Wow! These dogs have not perked up all day until that baby came over!", "You should get one!", "That dog is crying to see that baby!". You get the idea. 

After a good 10 minutes, Nathan and I looked at each other and I knew it was over. We were getting a puppy. Not just any puppy, but a not-yet-house-trained lab puppy that sheds and will get to be 70 pounds. 


We decided to go to lunch and talk about it. My mom and dad always told me that you cannot force it when it comes to a pet, and it just has to come to you. I do think in my heart of hearts it was meant to be. Hello... I wanted to go to Michaels and buy crafts! I didn't want a dog! Nathan wanted to go there. Something told me to go over and see those puppies, so we did. Whatever.

We went to Panera, talked about it, and came to the conclusion that yes-- we could definitely get a dog, but it would be hard work. Mostly on my part. Fab.

And guess what? We went back to PetsMart. Every single one of those dogs was adopted. Every one of them. Of course they were, puppies go like hot cakes.

So I'm not sure what I was supposed to learn last Saturday. Maybe we should have acted on it and got the dog sooner? Maybe it was just for us to appreciate the babies we have at home?

So that's what we are doing. :-) We love our babies and to answer everyone's questions that I'm sure are coming-- No we are not getting any more doggies right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment