Pages

Chili Recipe

We love beans! Fa realz. Emma will eat any bean you put in front of her. Except baked beans. Hot, cold, spicy, straight out of the can, she'll eat them. That's my girl. 

I have been wanting chili for a long time and I figured what better day than today? I got in from my jog where I checked my phone-- 10 degrees. Yup, perfect day for chili. :) 



This should be called "kitchen sink chili" because I use any bean known to man. Besides black beans. (Emma had the rest of the can for her 2nd lunch, so . . .) 

What you need
:: Beans! Drained and rinsed. We used pinto, garbanza, dark red kidney, white kidney/cannellini, great northern. . . I forget the rest. Go to the store. Go to the bean isle. Buy all of them. 
:: 1 or 2 cans/corn, drained and rinsed
:: 1 lb meat (we used half turkey, half beef)
:: 1/2 onion
:: sauce 
:: Chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes
:: cheddar cheese
:: sour cream/greek yogurt 

That's it! 

Brown your meat. Throw the onion in at the last minute and cook until it is soft and smells good. 

Put into crockpot with all your beans and corn. Add sauce. Check consistency. Depending upon how you like your chili, add water. I only added a little bit because I like it super chunky. 

Add your spices. I would take it one tsp at a time. It's a personal decision. I just kept shaking the container and shaking it, LOL.

Cook on high for an hour, then set to low for up to 8 hours. 

Serve in bowls and garnish with cheddar cheese and a dollop of greek yogurt! Yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment