Pages

2014 Recap

2014 was good to us! Cannot wait to see what 2015 has in store for our family. Here are some of our favorite moments and highlights from 2014.

January

We rang in the new year sick (again!), it snowed a good amount, and I got back into jogging after having E.



February 

By the time February rolled around, E & I were really getting the hang of breastfeeding. I know, only took us 4 months. This made life much easier. I still wasn't able to pump enough to leave her for 14 minutes, but hey-- she's my kid and I'm kinda stuck with her. 

We celebrated my 24th birthday, went out for Valentine's Day, and my dad had a quick visit towards the end of the month. 

I was able to sneak out for 3 different birthday lunches with friends-- so that was really fun! 



After weeks of Emma waking up and itching her face all day/night, we found out she has some crazy skin "condition" like her pops. Getting her face cream was a god send! 

March

Let the madness begin. :-) We watched a lot of Syracuse basketball, I think my in laws visited this month, and E started to get pretty playful. 




It was also starting to warm up here so we did lots of walking in the stroller. I was putting my FitBit to good use! 


There was a shopping center down the road from us so we would visit the animals at Petsmart. Emma's favorites were the birds, but she also loved tormenting the dogs at doggie day care. 

April

My in laws paid a visit and my FIL set up Emma's high chair. She loved it! It was so fun to have her sit with us during meals. 

I also think this was when we helped my sister in law pick out 6 more prom dresses..Am I right? 

                       

                     


The Easter Bunny came & went and my grandmother found that darling dress for E (below). We were still kind of nervous bringing Emma out, so we skipped Easter mass. We had a fun dinner at home-- I made a cheese ball and we even ate outside!
          
           
May

Our first trip! We flew to NY for my cousin's wedding. Slightly terrifying but we survived. Emma screamed for the first 3 hours we were in New York. Super pleasant. I think my aunt was regretting having us stay with her. :-)



Our first night out was for my cousin's rehearsal dinner! So much fun. The sitter went great and when we came home, they were asleep cuddled up on the couch..win! 

After NY, we flew straight to FL for my SIL's graduation and Emma was a flower girl in my sister's wedding.


The other flower girls pulled her in that wagon and I don't think I took a breath the entire ceremony.

June

Our apartment lease was almost up so we had to do some serious thinking about what our next move was-- buy a house? Move? Stay? 


We did lots of walking in the stroller, nights out with friends, and Emma was really starting to eat solids this month. Her favorites were prunes and sweet potatoes, LOL. 

                    

Emma wasn't crawling yet but she was sitting and would reach soooooo far, almost to start crawling and then come back. 

July 


We had a fun 4th of July with some neighbors, and then we walked a few miles to some festival that had a lot of food trucks. When we got there, Nathan said he wasn't hungry. I about punched him in the throat. 


Later in July my aunt & cousin came for a visit! We went to Georgetown, took a tour, cooked, and all sorts of crap. They also got me hooked on juicing. 

                          

After they left, Papi came! We went out for pizza, grocery shopped, and he bought Emma that beautiful giraffe dress. Then I convinced him we needed it in two additional sizes. Ahem. 

                             
August

We did a lot of activities for World Breastfeeding Week with our MOMs group. My favorite was all the freebies-- ice cream sandwiches, lunch, tshirts, kid toys. . . 


E had her 9 month checkup! Some random guy in the parking garage came up to us and told us she was the most beautiful baby he'd ever seen..duh. 

Nathan says she looks like Shrek with her hair and the green bow, ha ha. 


Of course with our luck, E started getting night terrors right after her appointment. 


It was horrible-- several hours of an ordeal for a few weeks! I ended up throwing out those pajamas because they brought such bad energy into our house, LOL. In all seriousness, I was very close to having someone come to our apartment and do a cleanse or something. 

September

We closed on our first house! 


Whoop whoop! We still don't feel old enough to be homeowners. My dad came and helped us move all our crap in-- he was such a huge help. Right after he left, my in laws came and helped some more! 



My FIL painted our deck, we found a kitchen table, they watched Emma so N & I could get some groceries.. good times. :-) My FIL left his painting clothes in our closet upstairs-- little does he know I have lots more plans for him! 



October

This post is really getting ridiculous and I'm exhausted..

Okay the weather was beautiful so we ate dinner outside almost every night! 



E got her first fever. Kind of ironic because my dad said I always got sick around my birthday growing up. 


My in laws came back and Caralyn & I went to the scariest haunted house ever. Then we came home to my kid screaming and a very frustrated husband. Sorry babe. 


We took E to a farm/corn maze/petting zoo event the following weekend. She loved the chicks! She petted (?) a cow and cried. She acted like I forced her to pet it when she was the one leaning up and touched it. So funny. 





Emma turned one on the 20th! She had a great day-- cake, cupcakes, Target trip, photoshoot, nap with mama..does life get better? 


After my in laws left, my cousin came. After she left, my dad & Becky came. We get a lot of visitors. :-) Our place is like a B&B. 


We went trick or treating and had almost 200 trick or treaters come by. My dad had fun scaring the kids and Nathan ate most of Emma's candy. That's how it's supposed to go, right? 

November

Nathan turned 26 (I think) on the 1st! 



We spent most of November getting ready for our trip. Packing, getting the car checked out, lists, clothes, etc. Plus I had to act like life was boring every time we spoke to Nathan's parents. :-) 



That was the day before we left (above)! We were heading to the store to get snacks. I remember posting it to FB and thinking "My MIL had no idea she is going to see us..tomorrow!".


We made it to Indy with few hiccups. Emma napped on an air mattress so I hung with her and tried to sleep. Have you ever quietly escaped off an air mattress? Yeah, it's impossible.



Thanksgiving was wonderful-- so much to be thankful for. We were slightly terrified of our drive home, though. 

December

Came home from Indiana with colds, of course. 

Emma started throwing tantrums left and right-- this one because I wouldn't let her play with the trash! 


Went to the mall for Christmas presents, lost the keys in Kohls, my grandparents came for a visit, and a boy kissed Emma at the soft playground at the mall. Sweet. As in, he ran right up to her and kissed her. 


We made sugar cookies, white trash, & PB blossoms. Everything was gobbled up by the day after Christmas. 


We had a wonderful Christmas! Santa was so good to Emma and we are so blessed to have so many people that love her like we do. 

Overall 2014 was a wonderful year. It has been a big change-- but no doubt we are loving life here. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment