Pages

Our Journey With Essential Oils

Let me preface this by saying I'm somewhat of a skeptic. My husband too. When I was pregnant, I paid to have a lady do a "reading" on me-- she said I was having a boy and it would be a water birth.

When I first brought up the idea of essential oils to my husband, he thought it was a joke. I begged for some for Christmas, and he did not disappoint. He's awesome.


He did pretty well! He researched and found this kit on Amazon. It wasn't the one I had in mind, but he found it and I'm thankful. 

The kit he found actually has great reviews and so far, I'm quite impressed. You can read more about it here.  

So when he got me the kit, I was kind of confused on what to actually do with the oils. I put some lavender on my hand and "swirled" it around in the bath with Emma one night. It smelled so good and it did help me relax a bit (I think). 


Enter this fancy diffuser. After talking to my Aunt, she suggested this diffuser. She said I could play around with different oils and find some scents I liked, and have it in the room when Emma sleeps.

Also enter my husband making some type of comment on having to buy another thing to go with these oils which "are basically just water, Liz".

Lavender was obviously my oil of choice (again, I like to relax). I filled the diffuser with the specific amount of water, added 8-10 drops of lavender, and boom.

The diffuser lights up and Emma is enthralled by it. It's to the point where we can't turn it on until she's asleep, because she just wants to stare at it. It changes colors, adds some moisture into the air, and obviously our room smells so good. (There are specific settings if you don't want the colors to be so bright). Like I said it's pretty fancy. :-)

And the first night we had it on? She slept 13 hours straight. She also took a 3 hour nap. My husband is now the one to make sure the diffuser is on each night, ha ha. ;)

So while I've barely deviated from the lavender oil (granted, that was the only oil I really wanted to begin with), it's been kind of fun! If anything, our house smells so fresh and the diffuser helps add some moisture into this dry air we have. So, a win in my book.

Okay, be sure to let me know if you use oils and what your experience(s) have been! xO

No comments:

Post a Comment