Pages

Picture Frame Gift Idea

Once Christmas is over, my FIL's birthday rolls around super fast. We are always stumped at what to get him! He and my dad have everything. And honestly? Whatever they do want, they would buy themselves. 

After scouring Pinterest for a while, I found something along the lines of this: 

                 

We loved it! Here is the original pin. I knew he would like it because it was personalized just for him (Emma calls my dad Papi and my FIL Grandpa). We also have a running joke about hanging pictures.

I think I have mentioned here before that we have no craft stuff. It totally bums me out. It made me super happy that this would require me to get some craft supplies! This is an inexpensive gift-- especially if you have some of the stuff on hand. 


Michaels had a 10-pack of canvases on sale for 50% off. I think they ended up being $10. Ugh, I don't remember the size but they are a bit bigger than 5x7. 

I had paint, but no paint brushes (I know, how does that happen). 

I randomly scribbled it on the canvases. At this point my husband was really doubting that this would turn out. Honestly I was too. 


Hate to say it but I just winged it! I thought they looked so ghetto! I texted two friends and asked if we should just bag the idea, but they suggested I finish. 

The best part was dragging Emma outside and taking 6,093 pictures of her. Our neighbors definitely think we are crazy. Nathan was so annoyed because one time she was acting super cute and the camera card was still in my computer. God bless America. 


No comments:

Post a Comment