Pages

Good Deeds

When I was a little girl, my dad taught me all about good deeds. He taught me from an early age how important is it to make someone else smile, or help someone in need.


I'm sure my mom's family is going to attack me-- duh she taught me this stuff, I just remember this specific memory with my dad.

Anyway, he always told me that you're not really supposed to share your good deeds with others, brag about them, etc. Even the bible says that and personally, I'm not sure how I feel about that. You should be able to tell someone! It will make your heart feel full.

Anyway.

We made a pact to always call and tell each other our good deeds of the day. Always. No matter the time, day, no matter where the other person is-- we always can brag to each other our good deeds.

He'll say "I have a good deed for you!" One day he helped a family find their dog that was missing. One time around Christmas he helped a guy find his missing gift certificate. He's done a lot of good, but those are just random ones I happen to remember. :-)


I usually can't top him. The other day I bought a candy bar for the cashier at Target-- she was pregnant and looked like she needed a pick me up. ;) It pulled on my heart strings when she said she has to get as many shifts as she can before her baby boy arrives.

But no matter what the good deed is, we always feel we can brag to each other about it. Sometimes you have to tell someone...even if it is against the rules. Amiright?

Okay hope everyone is having an awesome weekend and had a great VD! Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment