Pages

Healthy Squash Burritos

I know, I know. They sound a bit too healthy, but I promise they are good! With the holidays approaching, it's important to get at least one healthy and veggie-filled meal in a day, am I right?

Enter this recipe! Sadly I did not take one lousy photo, but we'll be having it again and I'll update this post.

It's based very similarly off this recipe, check it out.

See? Not so bad. The pictures look yummy. My husband won't touch veggies with a 39.5 foot pole, and he ate one of these to appease me.

I don't really follow recipes, so I'm trying to wing this.

What you need:
4 tortillas
can/black beans, drained and rinsed
1 spaghetti squash, cooked and shredded up in a bowl.
1/2 cup (or more, I used more because again my husband isn't into veggies) brown rice
small onion, chopped
some garlic
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 red/yellow/green pepper (I did one of each), chopped
spices-- cumin, salt/pepper, red pepper flakes
Any toppings you like (we used greek yogurt, lettuce, and salsa)

Cook brown rice. In a medium skillet, sauté onion and garlic. Add in seasonings. (Again, sorry, just wing it!).

Add peppers, rice, and black beans. Let it all hang out for a bit.

Add spaghetti squash and cheese and stir until melted.

Microwave tortillas for 20 seconds, and spread squash mixture on. Top and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment