Pages

Babywearing

My new carrier arrived on Saturday & I love it! Like I posted I got it off a FB swap and it was brand new with the tags on. 


Despite Emma's terrified look, she loves it too. She has pulled it off the chair and brought it to me twice. So sweet! It's a Standard Tula-- just like my Ergo but fits a bit differently. 

I found some pics from the past year or so of me wearing E. . . time sure does fly. I can't find any of the "early" days, but I used a Moby Wrap

                                              

I think Emma was 3-4 months old here (above)? This is a Mei Tai-- super easy to use and you can use them for front, back, & hip carries. It definitely wasn't my favorite but super inexpensive so I recommend them. 

Also love that this picture shows Emma wearing socks on her hands. She had such bad dry skin she would itch all day/night! We finally got her some relief after, like, a bazillion doctor appointments. 

                     

Little E was about 4-5 months old here. I remember this day so well! This is our Ergo & I lovelovelove and recommend them 100%! They are super easy to use and you can do front, back, & hip carries. 

It's not recommended to put a newborn in an Ergo, so that is a big downfall. They sell an insert that protects your little squish. We had it and never used it (we just used the Moby). I think you could remove the insert after 2-3 months? The other downfall is that they don't travel well-- very bulky. 

Once your baby can sit up and hold his/her head up well, you can do back carries. We waited until E was about 6 months old until I put her on my back. She loves back carries because she can see so much more! 

                                     

My friend makes ring slings & wraps so I got this giraffe one (below) and I love it! Ring slings are perfect for newborns-- you can even nurse in them! You can just search "ring slings" and any one would do-- a cool breathable material if you're having your baby in the summer...shoot, they even sell mesh ones for the water! 


Our ring slings days are numbered, sadly. We still bring it to the store because it fits in my bag so well. E will stay in it for about 20 minutes and then she's over being confined. 


I remember each of these days so well! Oh & my favorite thing about ring slings is that you can wrap the tail (hanging piece of material) around the rings and it's nice & tidy, or you can use the tail as a nursing cover. 



Nursing in the Ergo is super easy; you just have to plan ahead-- I like the "tamis" from Old Navy (above) because they are super stretchy to pull up/down/all around. I think I have close to 10! They are less than $5/each on sale. 


Sleepy dust! E has had her fair share of wrap naps. That is one of our favorite things about baby wearing-- if your kid is having trouble sleeping, just wear them and walk around. They will eventually fall asleep. ;) 


Ahem. Time span between photo 1 (above) and photo 2 (below): less than 10 minutes. Those little pink things on the straps are for her to knaw on and she won't get the straps nasty. Want to be able to sell my carrier for retail price. ;) 


I can't think of anything else but looking at these photos makes me want to wake up my sweet girl and snuggle her! Just kidding. Hope everyone is having a great night! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment