Pages

Thanksgiving 2014 Recap

Wow, I can't believe Thanksgiving is already over! We had the best Thanksgiving yet. That is saying a lot when I've spent a Thanksgiving in NYC watching the parade!

Several months ago (August?) my MIL mentioned they would be going to her brother's house for Thanksgiving, and they wanted us to come.

Okay I've wanted to write this blog post for a week so I'm just going to cut to the chase. We drove to Indiana and surprised Nathan's parents! Nathan's family knew, just not his parents, so it's not like we went all Eddie on them. (Ahem, Christmas Vacation reference).

It was totally worth the screaming in the car (by my husband and child), the 8 solid hours of Sophia the First, and all of us ending up with colds at the end.

Getting a picture of E in her new Thanksgiving outfit proved to be quite difficult! 

We hung out around Nathan's aunt & uncle's house, my SIL & I did some shopping, and we did lots of eating. Lots.

Wednesday night we attempted some photos. I'll spare you the outtakes but this is kind of hilarious:


Needless to say the professional photographer is coming to our house Tuesday at 4..crossing my fingers for anything better than the above photo! 



The food was wonderful. If I didn't convince you that it was good, how about the guy literally shoveling the food into his mouth? LOL. 

Ems was thrilled to have lots of people to watch. She did so well; I am still quite shocked! 


Oh and this is the scarf my SIL convinced me to buy on Black Friday. Emma loves it! Also note: my hair is still growing back. OMG. 

I walked downstairs wearing it and Nathan said "Really?". 

No comments:

Post a Comment