Pages

Sugar Cookie Cut Outs

On Saturday Ems & I set out to bake Christmas cookies. I actually mean Ems stuck her hand in the flour container and I almost cried when she dropped a jar of sugar sprinkles on the floor, but hey-- we're making memories. 


Also, loving that she is wearing Halloween bows. :-) Just have to note that she has now learned to brush back her hair from her eyes and it's the cutest thing ever. She does it all the time so I constantly have to have her hair up or in multiple clips. 

My father in law was asking if we will get her hair cut and NO WE WILL NOT. Actually my cousin does hair and she said she would never "put a scissor to that hair". 

..Back to cookie baking:


Cookies never, ever keep their shape! Please share a recipe if you are convinced your cookies actually stay in Christmas tree shape. My husband ate a cookie today and said it looked like boobs! He's awful. 


I did make the cookies myself but got store brand icing. I'm all for honesty here. I'll share the cookie recipe below.


My two favorites! I decorated most of them with Emma hanging on my legs and the last ten or so (see below) I did during nap time. 

I told my husband he can eat all the ugly cookies he wants-- the pretty ones have to stay out as long as possible. :-) He then asked which ones were the pretty ones. Ayyy yi yi. 



Grandma G's Sugar Cookie Cut Outs 

What you need:
:: 1 cup butter
:: 1 1/2 cup sugar
:: 2 eggs
:: 1 tsp vanilla 
:: 4 cups flour
:: 1 tsp baking soda
:: 2 tablespoons milk

Legit, all she wrote was "Bake at 350 for 8 mins". Don't ask me what order to combine everything. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment