Pages

White Trash

I know, right, another recipe. I have been doing a lot of baking. Tomorrow I will post about life, I promise. 

White Trash is one of those things that everyone does differently. I like it because you don't need a recipe! Just wing it! That's my favorite thing to say lately-- wing it. 


I got introduced to White Trash by my Aunt Mimi who I think puts powdered sugar on it (?) when it's done. I didn't do that because I was afraid of a mess. She doesn't do M&Ms, either. Just like the holiday bark, you can literally throw anything in there and it will be delicious.

Oh funny story. When my aunts were planning our baby shower, one of them asked me if there was anything in particular I wanted to have there. Looking back I think she was referring to games, specific people, a theme, and all I said was White Trash. Ha. Such a pregnant thing to say. But Aunt Mimi had bowls at White Trash at every table! And you can bet when I went around and visited everyone that my hands were digging in those bowls.

What you need: 
:: 1 lb almond bark
:: plain cereal (I used wheat chex here but literally anything works)
:: pretzels
:: bag of M&Ms (We used peanut, for fall you could probably use candy corn)
:: Holiday sprinkles, optional but so cute
:: nuts, optional (We skipped because we had peanut M&Ms)

Melt almond bark according to package instructions.

In a (very) large bowl, pour dry ingredients (except sprinkles). Just wing it (Ha!), but I'd say 2 cups each of pretzels and cereal. Sorry, I never measure. Who has time for that anyway?

Pour melted bark in and stir well. I used a wooden spoon. If it looks too soupy, add some pretzels or cereal.

Once mixed, dump onto wax paper and lay flat to dry. Top with sprinkles.

Let sit for an hour or so, break up and store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment