Pages

A Peek Into Our Week (FL Boeses Visit)

We've had the best week! The weather has been so nice-- only rained one day so we decided to drive to Ikea. :) I got some goodies and I'll have to post some pictures soon! 


My FIL had work here Mon-Wed, but my MIL & SIL weren't coming until Wednesday. I wasn't really sure what they're plans were, so we just winged it. Monday night Nathan's dad texted and said he was coming over! 

Emma was stoked to see him and got some sweet one on one time with Papa. We went to our local playground, had dinner, and watching 906 episodes of Modern Family. 


The next day Papa had to work so Ems & I scooted off to Lowe's for some supplies for her workshop.  I had sent a picture to my FIL and he said it would be easy to build, so I was thrilled! He (& Caralyn) made my vision come to life! 

I also was the "fun" mom and got the race car cart at Lowe's. Emma loved it and didn't fuss one bit. We'll have to do that again. :-)


Wednesday Grandma & Caralyn were coming so we got some groceries, cleaned up, and returned library books. We had a fun new recipe that was good, I will have to share about it. 

After dinner we walked to the playground again. She's really into going down the slide all by herself! 


Doesn't she color like a such a big kid?! Also note: Our air vents that Emma learned how to pick up and put toys in. . . And her matching jammies. ;)


Friday we hung around, my FIL did 811 house projects-- hung stuff, got us a bird feeder (I'll have to dedicate a whole post about that because I am obsessed with it), put new boards in our deck, painted them . . . 

And this beauty: 


Seriously! My SIL colored it and I couldn't love it more. Emma loves it and I only regret the door knocker on the top a little. We are going to find some rope/paracord to string through the hooks. It keeps Emma busy for a while!

We tried out a BBQ place and it was delicious! We also tried out using a booster seat instead of a high chair and it was so much easier. We still had to play "pass the baby" after about 20 minutes. :-) 


The BBQ was delicious and Nathan & I have mastered "inhale your food in 2.5 seconds" so we can get the hell out of the restaurant before we are kicked out. I kid. She's not bad, just wiggly. 

Not pictured: Under our table before we left. Don't worry we picked up. :-) My MIL was convinced the floor wasn't clean when we got there..maybe she was right because a small child could have lived off all that food for 3 weeks. 


Today (Saturday) we had gymnastics. No pictures because I didn't have pockets! We brought grandma & auntie and it was a blast. Emma ran around and was like "I BROUGHT MY GRANDMA! Do you have one?" She was a little distracted but still fun. 

I could write a whole post on the crazy obsession Emma has with my mother in law. She's very bossy for her, clingy, and will scream if she sees her leaving! I'm slightly terrified for them to leave tomorrow.


We hit up a larger park this afternoon. It was super crowded but Ems was thrilled to just swing with Caralyn. 

Nathan took this picture and he thinks it belongs in a greeting card-- Emma and her aunt swinging, my MIL mid swing smiling, and my FIL looking on and smiling..hahah. 

All in all such a great week. I'm so thankful we have them! They have done so much I could never list it all in a single blog post. We will probably burst into tears when they pull out of the driveway tomorrow. Actually Emma definitely will. I may make them leave in the middle of the night tonight. 

Okay hope everyone has a great Sunday! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment