Pages

A Peek Into Our Week

Besides it being 44 degrees right now, we have had an awesome week. It was super quiet without our family here and we miss them terribly! Luckily we have some visitors coming soon and I can't wait! 


Monday it was warm so we hung out outside to celebrate Emma's half birthday. ;) I forget the brand but we have some popsicles that have 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies and they are only 25 calories. She loves them. I can also eat an entire box in one evening. 


Nathan has been working lots of OT and I just want to remember these days . . . I scribble them on our calendar and there is always some conflict with a Dr appointment or something. 


Girlfriend has perfected the mean mug. Jeez. This was the day we went to Homegood/TJ Maxx (they are connected) and they have some other stores in this strip mall as well. I had remembered there was a yogurt place so I kept saying "If you're good, we'll go get yogurt!". Imagine how sad she was when we got there and it was closed down. 


Homegirl was still sad so we went to Target for some bananas and milk. Don't worry she only stood like that for 2 seconds, I don't need anybody sending me hate emails. 


They had (whole) watermelon on sale so I embarked on that mess. Probably never again. It was a fun activity, though! So glad I had some extra popsicle sticks on hand. Emma loved it and kept "asking" me if it was okay to eat the seeds. She'd pick them out and say something that sounded like "This?".


In that pic (above) she is looking at herself in the oven. She loves doing that and laughs at herself. Pretty cheap toddler entertainment if you ask me. :-)

I know I say it all the time but it's hard to really capture it-- Emma loveslovesloves the dogs. Adores them. She will chase them down hunched over trying to squeeze the life out of them and squeal with delight when she captures one. 


This was totally unprompted. My phone was charging so I had to dart and find it before she moved. they tolerate her so well and we are so blessed!



We have a cute little (TEENY tiny) bakery down the road from us. For loving it so much, I never go. Nathan isn't really into it so I hope Emma gets my love of sweets. 

We sat for a while and left when Emma wouldn't stop banging on the bells on the door (alerting the employees that customers are there).

And probably the highlight of Little E's week:


After the bakery I had this odd feeling to turn around and check out this little thrift store up the road. Right out front was this bad boy. I knew my husband would literally cringe at the idea of buying someone else's stuff, but when the lady said it was $5 and offered to put it in our car? We were sold. 


We made some Special K Bars for the fire department and this is the only picture I have of that! Whoops. Like my fire? How do you even draw fire? 


Yesterday we had gymnastics and of course that was a blast. Bonus: During separation time Emma managed to climb out and on top of a huge pile of mats (probably 4.5 feet tall-- to my shoulders). In true separation time fashion, I was sitting towards the front of the gym and just minding my own business. I heard her coach say "Emma! How in the world did you get up there?". 


When I saw her waaaaay up there she looked like that (above). LOL. Okay hope everyone had an awesome weekend! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment