Pages

Emma's Wardrobe & How To Spend Less On Kid Clothes

So if you've read this blog for any length of time (or know me at all), you know we aren't really "brand" people. Most of our clothes come from Macy's, Target, Old Navy, and the like. But this post isn't about my clothes (ahem, I'm currently on day 3 of these jeans), it's about Emma's clothes.


Welcome to Emma's wardrobe. :-) I love the pink bear (Katie Bear) that is totally photobombing. I took these pictures on my phone during nap time. 

These are all of the clothes that currently fit her-- she also has a dresser with pajamas, leggings, and all that jazz. One day I can post about how I organize it all. Anywho. . . 


At this point in my life, I can't fathom spending more than $10 on an entire outfit for my toddler. Granted, I have "splurged" on a few pieces for Emma that I absolutely love (see her Easter shirt here). 

In the picture above, the left is what Emma spends 99% of her life in. ;) Target $5 leggings with a $5 tshirt. These are her play clothes and when she spills something on it, I don't have to worry. 

The right is a dress Nathan's mom got her for when I was pregnant. It cost probably 3x as much as the outfit on the left. It is absolutely adorable and I will cry like a baby when it doesn't fit her. But! It is what I call a "special" outfit. Special outfits are worth the money-- giraffe-related items, items with special meaning, etc. It all makes sense in my head, just go with it. ;) 


Next up are 2 splurge items I have purchased myself. I wouldn't consider anything from Target a splurge, but that outfit on the left was like $30! For a toddler! But it's special. Why? It was the outfit she wore for pictures when we surprised Nathan's parents for Thanksgiving (more on that back here).

The shirt on the right I found via Instagram & I just really liked it. Some ridiculous price like $25 shipped. I can't believe people spend that on a normal basis for their kid! 


And last, my best deals. The left (above) was in a box my grandmother sent (so, granted I didn't buy it)-- she got it from a thrift store for less than $1. The best part is that it's a 2T, so while it's a dress right now, it will be a shirt next year. 

The right (above) is from Old Navy-- $2.97. Seriously, their clearance section is awesome! I totally recommend Old Navy clearance if you have the time/patience to dig through the racks. Not pictured is a pair of $0.83 jeans. 


I'm not a huge Gap shopper, but I'm finding they have really good deals lately. I definitely encourage you to look there if you want something a bit nicer quality but not crazy expensive. Sign up for their emails. 

I guess I want my take away from this to be you don't have to buy your kid nice clothes. I know it's cliche but they really do get into so many messes it's not worth it. We are clean freaks and it still happens.

Okay, hope everyone is having a great night! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment