Pages

Emma 18 Month Update

On April 20th Miss Emma turned 18 months old! Time sure does fly when you're having fun. :-)


I'll update this post with her height/weight after her 18 month checkup. I will have to schedule that this week.

Update: Emma was 33 inches tall and 24 pounds. :-)

Emma is busy, busy, busy. Just since her 15 month update she's definitely grown leaps and bounds. Running, twirling on command, throwing things away, putting things in the hamper, and helping mama any way she can.

Food
E is still a snacker. Her favorites right now are black beans (shocker), broccoli, bananas, and veggie straws. Her least favorites are anything citrusy.

She eats in her high chair with us but she'll eat at her table too sometimes. She can use her fork and spoon very well.

Some of her favorite meals are any pasta with meatballs, macaroni & cheese with broccoli, and chili.

Sleep
Little E sleeps 12 hours every night-- usually from 7-7. When my in laws were here she stayed up a bit later, but now she's back to her normal routine. She naps for 2 hours everyday, usually from 11-1.

I nurse her before naps & bedtime. She doesn't nurse to sleep unless she's very tired. She usually finds her own comfy spot and falls asleep. I love our time together when I put her to bed/nap!

Play
I'll do a post on what her favorite toys are, but boy she is a wild thing! She just started "cooking" for us and bringing me food from her kitchen and having me sample it. She's a good cook!

She finally learned where her (and my) nose is, she sticks out her tongue when you ask where her mouth is, and knows all the other ones. Now we are working on pointing out animals in a book-- she can usually spot the dog & giraffe. We are also going to begin colors.

She understands basic commands (put this here, put this away, put it back, hand me that, etc). I'm very impressed with her development.

Fun
Gymnastics is still a big hit for her. We also have weekly playgroups or baby wearing meetings and Emma is very very social. To the point of awkwardness. At the library the other day she went right up to a mom, took her sunglasses and sat in her lap. She loves playing with people we meet.

She loves to mock me and laugh when I laugh. If I'm Nathan & I are talking she'll pipe in with her own opinion. She makes the strangest faces. Emma is not shy at all-- waves to everyone! She loves planes, dogs (any animal), coloring, Sofia the First, and bath time.

This month has been huge and the most fun for sure! Every day sure is an adventure. No real bad tantrums (yet), but she's very possessive.

Mom's favorite moment: Taking her grocery shopping before my in laws came and she pooped in the cereal isle. She also said "Hi Ma!" when she saw me in the basement a few weeks ago.

Dad's favorite moment: Sneaking out one day while I was on the computer and going to get ice cream! They were the first customers in line.

Happy 18 months to my sweet girl! Can't believe next time I do this she'll be 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment