Pages

Cookie Press Butter Cookies

We sometimes call these BUTTer cookies. :) The recipe I've always used calls for a pound of butter. ONE. Pound. Good lord. 


What you need: 
1 pound (4 sticks) butter
1 1/4 cup sugar 
1 egg
4 cups flour
1 tsp vanilla
food coloring (if you want) 

Cream together butter, sugar, and egg. 

Add flour & vanilla. Mix well. Add food coloring if you want. 

Put into cookie press. Bake on greased cookie sheet (I used the Silpat and love it!) for 12-15 minutes at 350. 


Don't forget the egg. Ahem. I think that's why they are so flat. Oh well, they still taste fabulous. So if you're not egg people, feel free to remove it.

As if this cookie baking experience needed any more "issues", I discovered (upon putting the butter and sugar in the bowl) that our mixer stopped working! Ahhh so I whipped this baby up by hand.

And kitchenaid will be hearing from me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment